Saturday, June 27, 2009

Manju Ka Tilla



I arrived in Delhi on Thursday night. Hot, noisy and very alive. My driver brought me to the Tara House in Manju Ka Tilla, a Tibetan community outside of Delhi, where I slept soundly for seven hours. After a breakfast of Vegetable Thukpa (a brothy soup with noodles and veggies) and sweet tea, I walked around this very poor town. Dogs, cows, kids and people were out on the narrow streets selling all kinds of goods. The people were friendly and eager to talk to this American. The stories of their escape from Tibet were amazing. These I will share with you as I figure out how to unload pictures from my camera. Hope you're all enjoying the summer holiday so far. It was over 100 degrees in Delhi yesterday and very hot today, even in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment